[freeside-users] patch bind.export to rsync/ssh as non-root user

Ivan Kohler ivan at 420.am
Tue Mar 28 08:58:38 PST 2006

On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 06:32:59AM -0800, Luke S Crawford wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Mar 2006, Ivan Kohler wrote:
> >The first argument to bind.export is a freeside username.  It doesn't
> >necessarily have any relation to system users.  Your patch would
> >break every existing installation that uses the BIND export.  Why
> >don't you make the remote user an export option instead, and default
> >to "root"?
>

> Whoops, I attached updated patches for both part_export/bind.pm and
> bin/bind.export that make the remote user an export option, with a
> default of root as you suggested.

Looks good.  Just one small nit; for existing installaions, "ssh_user"
might be empty (the default in bind.pm is used in the web interface, but
not automagically picked up for existing databases), so bind.export
needs to do something like

  my $ssh_user = $export->option('ssh_user') || 'root';

Once that's fixed, you can go ahead and check it in to CVS.  Thanks!

> >>let me know if this is the wrong place to send patches.
> >
> >I guess -devel is slightly more appropriate if you're subscribed, but
> >here is fine too.
>
> I posted this here to preserve continuity.  My next patch will go to
> -devel.

"Me too".

This one was easy to read, but if you could send future patches as
unified diffs ("diff -u") that would be swell.