[freeside-users] Re: Self signup

Rich rich at myesuite.net
Wed Mar 22 08:18:00 PST 2006

I am using version 1.5.7, on Freebsd ,PostgreSQL

The exporting is working fine, for example if someone were to call in and
establish an account and a cust. rep enters the info, the radius exports
plain text no problem.

The problem is when say a user goes to the self signup page, enters their
information, the export occurs, but the password pushed over is a crypted
password

ie:

20 | testabcd1    | Password  | == | n8eoE5Oj

If i go into their account, and "update" their password using the office
staff's interface, it correctly updates the password on the radius server
with a plain text password.

What i need to happen is after a customer does a self-signup, the password
that gets pushed over needs to be plain text.

Any thoughts?

Rich