[freeside-users] My Experience with Freeside

Sameh Fakoua s.fakoua at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 09:17:58 PST 2006

Dear FreeSide users,

We've been testing ver 1.5.8 CVS for the last 3 months, and we found many
limitations/bugs in the SelfService, Signup and Admin interfaces.

SelfService limitations:
1.When a user is suspended and then tries to recharge his account with a
credit card, the user is allowed to pay any amount and he becomes active
again. Can this behavior be changed so that all the due amount needs to be
paid first? Or we can choose to restore his services at our discretion.
2.A user cannot switch packages or buy an additional one.
3.A user cannot buy services. For example, a user, who purchased a dialup
subscription, decides later that he needs a static IP address which is just
a reply attribute export to freeradius. How can this be done in Freeside?
4.A user cannot change his information like full name, address …

Signup limitations:
1.There is no Gender field in the signup page
2.There is no Age (or age ranges) field in the signup page
3.There is no profession field in the signup page (this and the above 2 can
be used for advertisement)
4.The registration code doesn't work properly. If a user enters a valid
registration code, it selects the associated package but if he provides a
wrong registration code then he is redirected to the signup page and he can
select any package he wants instead of maybe an error message that the code
is invalid and prompting him to reenter the code
5.A user cannot buy more than 1 package
6.A user cannot buy services (like a static IP address)

Admin limitations:
1.Only the SVC_Account works properly and many exports are not supported
like exporting to Apache, registering a domain, … they're not functional
even on the demo web site!

My question for Ivan and others is: can you provide paid support to fix
these problems and limitations?
NB: we have a very short time frame, we expect a prompt reply.

Thanks,
Sameh