[freeside-users] Installation docs for freeside

Richard Siddall richard.siddall at elirion.net
Fri Jun 30 13:44:17 PDT 2006

Charles Chambers wrote:
> And from where, might one inquire, did you find these RPM?  I've been hitting
> the freeside web site and I didn't notice any links for them.
>
> If they are properly constructed (meaning:   confirms/solicits *all* package
> dependencies, creates menu items/desktop icons, etc.), the first question would
> be answered, and  your e-mail answers the second one about the perl modules.

The RPM version is still experimental and by no means properly
constructed.  (Not that it would ever have desktop icons as it's a
server application.)  IIRC, the dependencies are pretty close to
correct.  As Jason Thomas pointed out, it drops stuff in the wrong
places on your server as it follows the manual install too closely.

See:
http://www.sisd.com/pipermail/freeside-devel/2005-September/000521.html
and http://www.sisd.com/pipermail/freeside-devel/2005-November/000527.html

Regards,