[freeside-users] The FreeSide experience

Sameh Fakoua s.fakoua at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 22:44:02 PST 2006

I'm very wondering about your experience in freeside, please accept my
comment, and frankly speaking, how can we use a billing system doesn't
support basic features? such:
1- Allowing users to change their information (name, address ...)
2- Allowing users to upgrade to another package
3- Prepaid cards are just money! you can't assign a prepaid card to a
package, maybe you will say, why don't you use registration card? simply
it's not working, even I tried to solve it, but if the user enters a wrong
reg_code, it will select all the packages!
4- export to Apache, and web services are not working!, so you need to write
your own export script.
5- doesn't support schedule suspend for exports, for example, when the dial
up package expires or suspends I want to remain the email accessible during
3 months after the suspension! not supported!
and lots of limitations!

Thank you for your understanding

Sincerely,
Sameh