[freeside-users] PayPal Integration

Nicholas Moline nmoline at portalkeeper.com
Mon Feb 6 10:35:16 PST 2006

I believe those who have been looking for a
Business::OnlinePayment::PayPal module are looking for using the new
PayPal Direct Payment API, which does have an instant result and is for
using PayPal as a credit card processor (passing the cc information to
paypal instead of letting people log into their paypal account).

Putting a paypal button in the self service server is easy, in fact I've
done something similar myself before the selfservice server was put into
the release, I setup a quick perl script that takes in an invoice
number, reads the invoice using the freeside API, does a slient form
submission to pass the person who went to the script to paypal, then I
created an IPN script to receive the payment notification from paypal,
verify it, and post the payment to the account/invoices.  Then I just
put on the bottom of my invoice template a url to the payment script
including passing the invoice number, so that they have one click access
to pay the invoice from their invoice in their email.