[freeside-users] Late Notices

Gerald V. Livingston II gerald.freeside at sysmatrix.net
Mon Dec 4 20:30:29 PST 2006

On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 21:42:20 -0500 "Albert E. Whale"
<aewhale at ABS-CompTech.com> wrote:

> I am creating a Late Notice reminder using the Invoice Event Definitions.
>
> I want the even to be similar to the Invoice which is already created,
> but I am not sure about what is expected in the Alerter Template field.
>
> Is this a filename?  What format is this?  HTML?  Latex?
>
> TIA

The alerter template is for the credit card expiration alert. It is used by
freeside-expiration-alerter to notify customers when their billing card (or
other method with an expiration date such as a limited COMP account) is
about to expire.

It is not for late invoice notices. Please see the last few messages to the
from me for some rudimentary info about freeside-expiration-alerter. The
alerter template is text with a limited subset of variables to be used in
generating an email to the customer.

To create a late notice event using the "Send invoice with alternate
template if it is still the newest invoice" choice. You would copy the
regular invoice template to a new filename and modify it to your needs as a
late notice then put that filename in the box beside the above selection.

I have NOT yet read the documentation on modifying the invoice template so
someone else will have to provide some hinst as to what you might need to
modify and which of the files you should use for an alternate. I am
assuming it would be "invoice_template" which looks like a plain text
version.

Look in /usr/local/etc/freeside/conf.DBI:xxx:xxxxxxxxxxxx/ for the template
files.

Gerald