[freeside-users] FWD: Re: rainbowshops.com 3978520

John Barker freesidelist at cci.net.au
Tue Aug 8 15:16:26 PDT 2006

> I am using version 1.5.8 pulled from the current download section and
using the following:

>  HTML::Mason
> HTML-Mason-1.33
>
> OS:
>   redhat ES 4.0
>
> Control Panel:
>   Plesk 7.5.4
>
>   Database:
> postgresql-server-7.4.8-1.RHEL4.1
> postgresql-libs-7.4.8-1.RHEL4.1
> postgresql-7.4.8-1.RHEL4.1
>
> Perl:
>   v5.8.5
>
> DBD:
>   perl-DBD-Pg-1.31-6
>
> DBI:
>   perl-DBI-1.40-8
>
> mod_perl:
> mod_perl-1.99_16-4
>
> Errors:
> a. I am currently running a force install of the Chart module...
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at t/points.t line 1.
> t/points...........dubious
>         Test returned status 255 (wstat 65280, 0xff00)
> t/points_100.......Can't load
> '/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/GD/GD.so' for
> module GD:
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/GD/GD.so:
> undefined symbol: gdImageGifAnimAddPtr at
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 230.

If you dont mind me offering some poor advice...  Start again!  Your
installation is broken and it may save you hours..  Follow the the install
doc implicitly step by step.  Use CPAN to install the perl modules to
simplify dependency problems. From the command line as root type-

perl -MCPAN -e shell

Type no to manual config

and then simply-

install <module name>  (as an example- install Digest::MD5)

Follow the install steps and if you cannot install a particular thing, stop
and find out why!  Google is your friend and there are many places outside
of this list that you can find the answer.  Its a rare day you are the first
to encounter any particular problem and some list somewhere will have the
answer.  For more freeside specific issues in the google search pane type-

*error message* site:sisd.com

If it has been answered before this list will generally not reply to your
problem.  I have found this out the hard way.

And make sure perl is in your path.  If you can type "perl -v" and get the
perl version from any directory it is.

Good luck, may the source be with you.

roar (not meow)
John