[freeside-users] run suEXEC for self-service

sbgoh sbgoh82 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 03:39:18 PDT 2006

Dear all,

To install the self-service interface, we need to:

Use suEXEC <http://www.apache.org/docs/suexec.html>  or setuid
<http://www.perl.com/CPAN-local/doc/manual/html/pod/perlsec.html#Security_Bu
gs>  to run signup.cgi, selfservice.cgi, agent.cgi and passwd.cgi as the
freeside user. Do not run your public web server as the freeside user!

May I know how to achieve this? By using VirtualHost? How can I specify only
these particular files as mentioned will be run as freeside user?

I realize that this is not a difficult question, yet any advice/pointer will
be much appreciated. Thank you very much.

Thanks and Regards,

SB