[freeside-users] Bill according to FreeRadius records

sbgoh sbgoh82 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 04:56:24 PDT 2006

Dear all,

I have set up the export and it is able to export data to radcheck,
radreply, and usergroup.

I can also view the RADIUS session of the logged on users via Freeside's Web
Interface.

The following is the details of the Freeside Server that I have set up:

*	Debian 2.6.8-2-386
*	HTML::Mason 1.32
*	Perl 5.8.4
*	Postgres 7.4.7-6sarge1
*	DBD::Pg 1.47
*	Apache-perl (installed from Debian apt-get - apache 1.3.34)

My intention is to configure the system to bill according to the usage from
FreeRadius' "radacct".

The Price Plan that I used is: "Base charge plus per-hour (and for data)
from an SQL RADIUS radacct table" with the following setting:

*	Recurring fee frequency = monthly
*	Base monthly charge for this package = 10
*	Additional charge per hour = 2

All the others are default with 0 value.

When I click on the "Bill now" in the view of a particular customer (after
adjusting the date of both of the Freeside and Freeradius server to one
month later), the invoice shown is only to bill the base monthly charge,
which is $10, without the usage recorded in radacct.

*	Do I need to pay attention on other stuff instead of what I mention
here?
*	Is the "Bill now" link as mentioned is the same as the execution of
"freeside-daily" script?
*	I believe freeside-sqlradius-radacct is not necessary as I read that
freeside-sqlradius-radacct is necessary for prepaid, am I right?
*	To bill according to the usage recorded at Freeradius, Freeside will
calculate the amount directly from the radacct table on Freeradius or using
its own freeside database (which table it will use if freeside database)?
*	Since there is only "Base charge plus per-hour (and for data) from
an SQL RADIUS radacct table" option, how can I bill on per-minute basis
instead of per-hour? Can I use "Base charge plus charge per-minute from the
session monitor" option? If I use this, as I read, I need to manually
populate the "session" table of the freeside database?

Thank you very much for your great advice. I will really appreciate. Thank
you very much.

Thanks and Regards,

SB