[freeside-users] cvs 1.5.8 install bug on freeside/install/debian/3.1/INSTALL script - fix + patch

Ivan Kohler ivan at 420.am
Tue Apr 18 12:33:33 PDT 2006

On Mon, Apr 17, 2006 at 08:05:48AM +0000, liran tal wrote:
> hey guys,
>
> there's a package missing to complete the install successfuly.
> at the last stage of the install script,

I gather you are referring to install/debian/3.1/INSTALL, the
undocumented, experiemental install notes.  :)

Just FYI when I *was* maintaining it I considered all the stuff in the
install/ directories to be rough notes rather than ready-to-run scripts,
so don't expect too much.

As my business work is moving towards more automated installation on a
standard platform or two, I am no longer maintaining anything in the
install/ directory.  Even install/debian/3.1/INSTALL, the most
recently-updated file, hadn't been touched on almost a year.  So
contributions and patches are most welcome there if folks find the stuff
in install/ useful; if anyone wants to "take charge" of a particular
subdirectory there please let me know.

Alternatively folks could get involved in one of the various packaging
efforts, I belive there is code in various states of completion for
Debian (+derivitaves?), RPM-based distributions (not sure how
cross-distribution the RPMs will wind up being) and FreeBSD ports.

> ivan, please add this package to the INSTALL script, or you can simply apply
> this patch:

Patch applied, thanks!