[freeside-users] Prepaid Usage

Shivkumar shivkumar at outbackwifi.com
Thu Oct 13 21:44:46 PDT 2005

hi,
prepaid works like it should. customer buys prepaid card (card with
prepaid code) from front-desk, goes to the signup page(not self-service)
and signs up with the payment type as prepaid. he gets user name and
password and then assuming that this has been exported to the radius
server, logs in from the hotspot/access controller. once the prepaid limit
is exhausted (1 hour etc), the hotspot/access controller kicks them out
based on the Session-timeout attribute sent by the Radius server.
as far as freeside is concerned, you have to generate the prepaid cards
for your agents for different denominations/value(10$ etc). these cards
can then be printed out and sold to customers.
--
Regards,
Shivkumar

Refer Your Mail : Begin Quote Steve MuchaiEnd Quote