[freeside-users] Time limited account

Randy Smith perlstalker at falconsroost.alamosa.co.us
Tue Nov 15 10:38:06 PST 2005

Greetings,

I'm using Freeside 1.5.7 and am trying to figure out how to setup a package
for WiFi hotspot billing. The package should behave something like this:

1) Customer signs up for the WiFi package (or recharges an existing package)
2) Once create (or recharged) the package is active until midnight (or when
ever freeside-daily runs)
3) At midnight, the package is suspended until it is recharged again.

I have tried using a prepaid package but, since no invoices are created,
customer payments are never applied to anything. The client simply accrues
credits.

I have also tried using a flat rate with daily billing (and I setup Freeside
to bill immediately) but that doesn't suspend the package the next day. Would
this work if I setup an Invoice Event that suspended that package after 0
days?

Is there something else I'm missing or is what I'm trying even possible?

Thanks for your help.

--
Randy Smith
http://perlstalker.amigo.net/