[freeside-users] Installation problem

sivaharan Balasubramaniam lovevasi at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 9 12:08:25 PST 2005

Hi there,
   I am newbie to Freeside (and to Linux). My system
config is:
     Fedora 3
     Freeside 1.5.7
     Using HTML::Mason

I've been trying to install & configure for the past
week and having some trouble. Finally, I've installed
all the perl modules and have Freeside installed. Now,
I have problem to log into freeside.

To get to the point, I am getting this error:

[Wed Nov 09 14:54:15 2005] [error] [client
192.168.0.150] Not running uid freeside! at
/usr/local/etc/freeside/handler.pl line 228\n

I have added freeside user to the
   /usr/local/etc/freeside/htpasswd
      freeside/freeside

And the content of the httpd.conf is:

<Directory /var/www/html/freeside>
AuthType Basic
AuthName "freeside"
AuthUserFile /usr/local/etc/freeside/htpasswd
require valid-user
Options ExecCGI
<Files ~ (\.cgi|\.html)>
AddHandler perl-script .cgi .html
PerlHandler HTML::Mason
</Files>
</Directory>

<Perl>
require "/usr/local/etc/freeside/handler.pl";
</Perl>

Please help me to get this to work. I hope to make it
work.

Thanks for all the help.

Regards,
Siva