setting up freeside signup client

Gerard J. Cerchio gjpc at OB1Net.net
Mon Mar 28 14:41:51 PST 2005

Hi fellow freesiders,

I am trying to get the sign up client to work on a freebsd machine.

freebsd 4.8 R3
Apache/1.3.33 Ben-SSL/1.55 (Unix)
freeside-1.5.0pre6

I am running apache as the freeside user and not using suexec.  I can
access the html and the scripts through a web browser.

I can ssh from one machine to the other in the freeside uid

I am running "freeside-selfservice-server user valcor.ob1net.net 1 1" on
the freeside machine

I am seeing the daemon come up in the logs waiting for a client connection.

I keep getting

[Mon Mar 28 22:22:25 2005] [error] [client 10.0.0.19] Premature end of
script headers: /usr/local/wwws/cgi-bin/fs-signup-cgi/signup.cgi
connect: No such file or directory at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/FS/SelfService.pm line 84.

in the httpsd-error.log

Any suggestions where to look?

Thanks,

Gerard J. Cerchio