[freeside] Void payment problem with batch-card invoice event

ivan ivan at 420.am
Thu Mar 3 20:39:44 PST 2005

On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 11:17:36PM -0500, Gilbert Rebeiro wrote:
> I would contribute what I did, but I did really ugly hacks that work for me.
>
> I am not very good at perl and am learning slowly.
>
> I would be happy to send my changes back, but don't get mad or make fun of
> me when you see them :)
>
> My scritps have my account numbers and stuff hard coded.
>
> Can I send it to someone to clean up?

You mean, can you send it your quick hacks and "someone" will clean it
up and do the tedious parts?  :)

Well, I know I'm not that someone, but I guess it can't hurt to put the
code out there as a starting point, especially if you're willing to
accept suggestions and work on it until it is ready for inclusion.

As the longer-term contributors can attest to, the advantage of having
your changes integrated in the base release is that you can upgrade to
new versions without a large amount of work to merge your customizations
in each time.  This is especially relevant on the 1.5 dev branch as its
pretty unlikely anyone will be able to help with a old forked verison if
you have problems.

> I would like to contribute my Business::Online::Exact module, again it's
> probably not very good, but it works for me.

http://pause.perl.org/pause/query?ACTION=request_id  :)

Or, if you prefer, I'd be happy to upload to CPAN on your behalf.