[freeside] Void payment problem with batch-card invoice event

ivan ivan at 420.am
Thu Mar 3 16:39:39 PST 2005

"voiding" a payment removes it from your records.  It doesn't send
anything to a processor.

"refunding" a payment sends a reversal for the payment to your processor
(it cancels the transaction if it hasn't been settled yet, or issues a
credit if it has).  This functionaltiy requires support for "credit"
(and optionally, "void") actions from the specific underlying
Business::OnlinePayment::Processor module.

This functionality is only available when using a real-time processor.
Batch processing only batches payments (IIRC credit card only, not ACH).

I've barely worked on the batch processing in years.  All of my current
installs except one use real-time processing.