[freeside-users] Freeside Broadband Development

bryan bryan at skynetworks.net
Tue Jul 12 10:01:47 PDT 2005

Hello.

Was wondering if someone could lend me a hand with the following.
Here is what I am after:

Freeside backend/billing <-- freeradius/mqsql <-- signup server sitting on /
a linux box that does mac address authentication.

I believe that I have all of the elements physically in place. The only
thing
I am lacking is getting the back end to talk to the front end.

Basically, I need a hand getting Freeside to push an iptables command to
the routerbox/signup server. The box has an "iptables default redirect" to
the
signup server that captures the mac address. The person "signs up", and
passes
an "/sbin/iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -m mac --mac-source xxxxx -j ACCEPT"
the local box, allowing them through.

I'm guessing that the "router export" should be able to handle this via ssh
the routerbox/signup server. Is this correct, and could someone lead me a
bit in
this process? Also, is it a possibility for the signup server to capture the
mac
address in the "signup process" and push this into their billing record in
the
first place?

 Thanks!
Bryan