[freeside-users] No authentication when using Mozilla browser

Gerald V. Livingston II gerald.freeside at sysmatrix.net
Tue Jul 5 01:38:00 PDT 2005

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 00:48:12 -0700 (PDT) Tan Mudzaffar Tan Mutalib wrote:

> --- "Gerald V. Livingston II"
> <gerald.freeside at sysmatrix.net> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 23:50:56 -0700 (PDT) Tan
> > Mudzaffar Tan Mutalib wrote:
> >
> > > When I use IE 6 to log into Freeside
> > > (https://192.168.1.2), the mod_auth kicks in and i
> > > have to key in user name and password, but when I
> > > use Mozilla 1.7.7, no authentication was needed. And
> > > even without authentication I can  define services, add
> > > packages, add new customer and etc.

> > > I tried by clearing all cookies, history and cache
> > > in Mozilla but this still happens (always).

> > > Is anyone experiencing this same problem?

> > > Tan M

> > Might want to see if you have an entry for the site
> > under
> > TOOLS-->OPTIONS-->PRIVACY-->SAVED_PASSWORDS. If
> > there's only one entry then
> > mozilla may be plugging the data in automatically
> > every time you visit the
> > site.

> > Gerald

> Hi Gerald,

> Thanks for the fast response. I've checked the
> password manager in Mozilla and there is no entry for
> 192.168.1.2.

> Tan M

Does the system also have a "name" for use inside the network? Your message
prompted me to clean my saved passwords of old entries and I found entries
for a few internal systems using 2 different IPs and 2 or 3 names (complete
FQDN and single name minus the domain) all pointing to the same box.
Leftovers from bringing test systems into production. We frequently name our
test machines using the HOSTS file on our work boxes until we add them to the
internal DNS just prior to putting them in production. If we don't clean the
HOSTS file the old name keeps on working if the machine was destined for
internal use and keeps the same IP.

Gerald