MySQL & Freeside prob?

Max Lock max.lock at reachwireless.co.nz
Tue Feb 22 17:32:04 PST 2005

 Hi Folks,

 I'm in the process of evaluating FreeSide, and thanks to some great help on the IRC channel, am most of the way there. However it seems that some SQL statements are failing.

 My environment is:

 Debian Testing
 kernel 2.4.29
 MySQL 4.1.10
 FreeSide 1.5.0pre6
 Apache-ssl 1.3.33
 libapacheASP 2.57

 When I try to provision an account (edit/process/svc_acct.cgi) I'm getting an SQL syntax error:

 1.  You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'IN SHARE ROW EXCLUSIVE MODE' at line 1 at /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.4/FS/svc_acct.pm line 854. , /usr/share/perl5/Apache/ASP.pm line 1518

 From the mysql log, this is what it's trying to do: 'LOCK TABLE svc_acct IN SHARE ROW EXCLUSIVE MODE'

 I'm running the correct version of MySQL, and InnoDB is enabled by default with a 10MB datafile.

 Sadly I'm not a perl or sql guru, can anyone here suggest a way forward? I don't want to have to switch to Postgresql as I'm not at all familiar with it.

 -Thanks Max.