[freeside] Problem with LaTeX invoices.

Gerald V. Livingston II gerald.freeside at sysmatrix.net
Mon Feb 14 16:14:33 PST 2005

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 10:52:26 -0800 TSS Support <support at tss.net> wrote:

> Using a default install of 1.5.0pre5 for a new project, on Debian Sarge. I
> have the tetex-bin package installed, so pslatex is there. However, I am
> getting the following error every few minutes per invoice:

>  failed: pslatex
> /usr/local/etc/freeside/cache.DBI:Pg:dbname=freeside/invoice.2.0OtXDXVf.tex
> failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device at

> -Keith

Quick dpkg -l | grep tetex on my Sarge box with working printing shows:

tetex-base tetex-bin tetex-extra

tetex-extra has a bunch of fnts and stuff in it and is probably what you're
missing.

I have CUPS using smb:// to send print to an HP OfficeJet V series
 connected to the boss' WinXP box in the front office. Very cool.

I just need to get the logo size figured out right now and figure out which
logo graphic of ours is best suited for hardcopy.

Gerald