[freeside-users] New install (again) question

Gerald V. Livingston II gerald.freeside at sysmatrix.net
Thu Aug 4 16:46:28 PDT 2005

If I do a fresh install of the latest stable CVS release can I preload the
auto-incrementing "Account Number" field at some point during the install to
get new accounts and the ones I import (by hand <sigh>) to start at least in
the same general range as the account numbers on our current legacy system?

I've given up on trying to match account numbers. I don't know enough perl to
script it and will be moving accounts by hand.

And I'm looking at doing another fresh install because the boss sidetracked
me on other projects again so I'm going to have to re-learn it all anyway.
Still haven't ever reached the point of trying to get Freeside to talk to the
MySQL servers for our radius and email systems, haven't ever set up a
self-service server, etc.

Thanks for any info,

Gerald