freeside-setup problem on Solaris 8

Shivkumar shivkumar at outbackwifi.com
Fri Apr 22 00:55:16 PDT 2005

hi,
I am trying to install Freeside v1.5.0pre6 CVS dated 21 April 05 on a
SunOS 5.8 sparc SUNW,Ultra-60

I have managed to compile and build perl 5.8.6, apache-ssl with mod_per
(whew!) and the server fires up just right
I have also installed Postgresql 7.4.7
I have installed all the perl modules via CPAN.
now when I come to the step where I run freeside-setup "username" as the
freeside user, I gete this error:
"Can't connect to data source -e DBI:Pg:dbname=freeside, no database
driver specified and DBI_DSN env var not set at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/FS/UID.pm line 101"
Now the strange thing is I have created the freeside user as well as
database on postgresql and the postgresql server is also up.
i am able to connect to the freeside database as the freeside user using
psql.
Another strange thing I have noticed is that in the
/usr/local/etc/freeside directory,  i see a file called "dbdef.-e
DBI:Pg:dbname=freeside" whereas it should be
dbdef.DBI:Pg:dbname=freeside" like in my Linux box.

p.s: I also commented out the SHELL=/bin/ksh line in the top level
Makefile because I am running Solaris (wierdass sh?)

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

--
Regards,