Unable to add records to domain because SOA is missing

Scott Edwards supadupa at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 12:09:22 PDT 2005

I'm using freeside 1.4.1.  I plan on issuing another backup and
upgrading to current.  A backport would be ideal, but if we get stuck
on any big hardships, I can just upgrade. (I don't recall why I
reverted my upgrade last time I attempted, but I ran into issues I
thought were best handled by letting the code base stabilize a little
before I leaped).  I'd assume at this point, freeside should setup the
domain like it was new when a slave record is deleted.  This will
insert the domain template from the config options.  After that,
you're free to modify everything. (editing of SOA options could be a
plus, but that sounds like a feature request)

Also, the "Slave from nameserver IP" option fooled me into believing
freeisde will perform an AXFR of the domain from that IP and import
the records.  If a stub is placed to the wiki, I'll add documentation
for it. (eg, a help link on pages with this option that points to the
wiki under a wiki topic like DNS or something)

Thank you,

Scott Edwards
--
Daxal Communications - http://www.daxal.com