[freeside] RHEL 3.0 Installation

ivan ivan at 420.am
Sun Nov 21 13:42:02 PST 2004

On Sat, Nov 20, 2004 at 05:52:51PM -0600, Donald Greer wrote:

> ~  Just out of curiosity, has anyone done an Install on RHEL 3.0?  If so,
> did you take any notes you'd be willing to share?

Yes, they're in install/redhat/es3

(Note: INSTALL may look like a shell script, but its really still just
notes.)

Taking a quick look and comparing to recent Fedora installs I've done
(i.e. install/fedora/fc2/INSTALL), if I had to do an RHEL install I'd
probably use ATRPMs in addition to the DAG ones and see if I couldn't
install any additional perl modules from there.

> ~  The installation on 7.3 that I did previously was unstable, and I've
> been busy cleaning some accounting issues up.

FWIW, I still have customers on 7.3 and don't find it unstable.
Not that Fedora or RHEL aren't better choices for new installs nowadays.