[freeside] Multiple instances, one database?

Mon Nov 8 13:47:10 PST 2004

Someone may correct me if they wish, but I'd go for a chroot install.  Ideally
with two ip addresses, one for each domain. eg, freeside.abc.tld and
freeside.xyz.tld.  Or run them on two different ports.

I think you could really run them in one instance of apache, but some of the
source is hardcoded to /usr/local/etc/freeside.  I think that's the main
roadblock you'll encounter if you attempt to run them in the same filesystem.

Let us know your adventures.  Someone else is bound to need this in the
future, say even 5 or more sites all self contained so to speak.

Enjoy,

Scott Edwards
Daxal Communications