[freeside] Install problem

Gerald V. Livingston II gerald.freeside at sysmatrix.net
Mon Nov 8 03:46:09 PST 2004

OK, fascinating.

Ivan,

It seems that freeside won't take capitalized user names.

I was checking things out looked in my htpasswd file. What I actually used
in my initial freeside-adduser was "Gerald". So, I re-ran freeside-adduser
with the same thing in case it hadn't been populated somewhere.

Still caused a server error.

Tried logging in with the username "test" that I had also added and that
worked fine.

Tried logging in with "gerald" to see if it was just ignoring the character
case. Failed as it should with a "bad password" error (username "gerald"
did not exist).

Ran freeside-adduser with the username "gerald" and the same password as
"Gerald" and now I can log in with "gerald" just fine. "Gerald" still
causes a server error.

Odd.

Gerald