[freeside] Install problem

Gerald V. Livingston II gerald.freeside at sysmatrix.net
Sun Nov 7 17:08:06 PST 2004

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 16:50:49 -0800 Randall Lucas <rlucas at tercent.com> wrote:

> Gerald V. Livingston II wrote:
>
> > if ( %%%RT_ENABLED%%% ) {
>
> Hmm, this looks like a templated flag, not real Perl -- like it missed a
> deploy or build script that was supposed to interpolate this constant.
> Did you install this properly or just copy the files?
>
> Randall

Ran through all the install steps. May have missed something but I don't
think so.

This is on a Debian system. I'll probably rip it out and re-install the
system from scratch. Debian's handling of perl modules and perl's handling
of perl maodules caused some other problems with missing modules aerlier in
the install.

I think I'll do the install and use CPAN for all the required modules
rather than using the ones available in Debian (testing, not stable).

Of course that means doing a fresh Debian install or picking through and
ripping out those things that I allowed Debian to handle earlier. Clean
install will probably be faster.

Gerald