[freeside] setup, free days

ivan ivan at 420.am
Mon May 17 15:09:37 PDT 2004

On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 08:33:48AM -0700, Mitchell Clay wrote:
> When customers sign up with us, we include the
> remainder of the month they sign up in as part of the
> setup free.  (example...if a customer signed up today
> they would pay the setup fee and not have a regular
> bill until June 1.)  What is the best way to handle
> something like this in freeside?

The "subscription" price plan will charge full price for the first
partial month.  You could take off normal month's fee from your setup,
and the end result should be what you're asking for, though the bills
will of course show the lower setup and full monthly fee for the first
month.

You could always write your own price plan to fit your exact needs, of
course.