host key verification failed

Nate Bradley Nate at acsmagnum.com
Sat May 8 08:34:27 PDT 2004

freeside 1.4.1
fedora core 1 (2.4.26 kernel)
perl 5.8.3

fs_passwd_server gives and error when using perl with the -T option

"Insecure dependency in exec while running with -T switch at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.3/IPC/Open3.pm line 241
Connection to 192.168.76.2 lost! Reconnecting ..."

after I drop the -T switch from fs_passwd_server I get

"Host key verification failed."

The problem is that I'm able to log in from the command line with ssh
using pubkey auth successfully.
Can anyone help??
I've set up fs_passwd_server before , but with perl 5.8.1. (on a
different server) and I noticed that my installed Open3.pm is really
from perl 5.8.4, could this be an issue? Has redhat released a bunk perl
rpm?

sshd is set at DEBUG3 and there are no auth errors reported, just
messages about making the initial connection.