[freeside] Importing & access to radius usage info within Freeside

rls-freeside at powerband.net.au rls-freeside at powerband.net.au
Wed Jun 16 04:16:07 PDT 2004

ivan wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 08:56:46PM +1000, The Salisburys wrote:
>>As freeside folks say adfinitum
>>don't use mysql [..]
> From the FAQ:
>   Note: the above only applies to the database used by the Freeside
>   software itself. Freeside can integrate with RADIUS servers running
>   MySQL (any version) or any other database.

	True. We've used Postgres (7.3 btw, I missed that in the
original) for Freeside's own DBs.

	But as per the FAQ & in the Config & code, there's no
need (that we see) to move our Radius DBs from mySQL to Postgres
within Freeradius.

	But Roger (The Salisburys) - are in inferring that you've
got no problems with radius-derived "data usage" billing via Freeside
using Postgres for both your radiusd & Freeside DBs?

Thanks,
Richard.