[freeside] httpd.conf fails with ($MLDBM::RemoveTaint=1;) with both updated versions of Redhat9 and RedhatEL3

Randall Lucas rlucas at tercent.com
Thu Jun 10 12:27:41 PDT 2004

You are using Apache 2, which is evil and broken.  It is inexplicable
why Red Hat ships EL3 with Apache 2.0.

For more on why Apache 2 is a bad idea and NOT ready for production, see
http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/rlucas/2004/04/01#a32

For my notes on backing RH9 back down to Apache 1.3, see
http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/rlucas/2003/08/26#a13

Please see previous list postings on this topic as well.

Randall

PS, it's probably possible to re-write the apache conf directives that
are failing for use with Apache 2.0.  But it's still very shakey to use
Apache 2 with anything mod_perlish.