One-time charges on invoices

Ryan Trainor Ryan at trainor.com.au
Sun Jul 25 19:46:52 PDT 2004

Hi all,

I notice when you add a One-time charge to a customer the description on
the invoice showed up as whatever you'd typed in, followed by Setup.
This originally struck me as a bit weird, but once I followed it thru
and worked out how it works and what it's evolved from it made sense.
That aside, I'm trying to find a way of invoicing for things like
hardware or onsite repairs that doesn't show up on the invoice followed
by Setup or the renewal date (I did try putting the cost in as a
recurring cost instead of a setup and just bumping the renew time to
years in the future - still messy). I know it's not a big thing but if
someone else out there is as nit-picky as me and has already found a
neat work-around, that would help a lot. Otherwise, I'll report back if
I think of an elegant way of doing this.

Thanks,

Ryan Trainor