[freeside] is this normal?

Webmaster webmaster at nwdhosting.com
Fri Aug 13 13:45:49 PDT 2004

The freeside user is not the owner of the table.  Vacuuming the database
makes it faster and more efficient.  You should make sure the freeside
user in postgres is the owner of the database.  Here is the technical part
from postgres manual:

"VACUUM reclaims storage occupied by deleted tuples. In normal PostgreSQL
operation, tuples that are deleted or obsoleted by UPDATE are not
physically removed from their table; they remain present until a VACUUM is
done. Therefore it's necessary to do VACUUM periodically, especially on
frequently-updated tables. "

Brian