[freeside] Question about new install and httpd.conf error.

Sven sven at dmv.com
Wed Oct 1 07:10:24 PDT 2003

David Uzzell wrote:
> Ok there is one error I can seem to get around!
>
> Syntax error on line 1055 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
> <Perl> directive missing closing '>'

This is an issue with mod_perl2 for apache2. I had to end up using apache
1.3.28 with the regular mod_perl for this to work. This is actually not as
bad as it sounds since this iteration of apache needs to run as the freeside
user anyway, it's just as easy to have a separate apache install just for
freeside and, if you are using apache2 for other sites, just have the
freeside apache listen on a different port etc.

Sven