[freeside] First Installation

Randall Lucas rlucas at tercent.net
Mon Nov 17 09:44:21 PST 2003

1. I don't mean to recommend downgrading the OS, but the last Red Hat apache
1.3 RPMs were with 7.3, I believe (note as well that Red Hat Enterprise 2.1
is based upon 7.3).  You can install those under RH9 if you use the
directions given.

2. Apache 2 / mod_perl 1.99 has been causing odd behavior for people with
Freeside, and with other open-source frameworks (I believe Mason?).  I don't
mean to imply that it's no good for web serving, but merely that the more
closely some software was written for the old Apache/mod_perl API, the less
predictable it'll be under the new one...

Randall