First Installation

Gator gator at acs.bz
Sat Nov 15 20:24:01 PST 2003

I'm installing Freeside for the first time.  Actually I'm not counting
the real first time since I couldn't get everything to compile and
decided to try again.  I am loading this on a fresh install of Redhat
9.0 which automatically installs the RPM version of Perl 5.8.0.

Is the standard RPM release of Perl OK especially considering the
installation notes warning about "experimental features like threads"
which I believe are enabled in the RPM?

Are there any better installation guides besides the cryptic one in the
Freeside manual?

Thanks - Jack