[freeside] Quick Example of Cust_main updates

ivan at 420.am ivan at 420.am
Mon Nov 10 07:53:26 PST 2003

On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 10:20:12AM -0800, Lucas Heuman wrote:
> 	Hello, I'm new to perl and this is a perl related questions regarding
> freeside-1.4.1 perl API.
>
> I wrote a script that uses customer numbers to make changes to Cust_main. I
> don't understand how to use perl to referance a customer number then modify
> the comment field (or any other field) then save the change. Could some one
> please give a example.

  use FS::UID qw(adminsuidsetup);
  use FS::Record qw(qsearchs);
  use FS::cust_main;

  adminsuidsetup 'freeside-username';

  my $old = qsearchs( 'cust_main', { 'custnum' => $custnum } )
    or die "can't find customer number $custnum";

  my $new = new FS::cust_main( { $old->hash } );

  $new->comment( 'modified comment' );

  my $error = $new->replace($old);

  if ( $error ) {
    #handle error