Bill late fee based on percentage

Joseph Tanner josetann at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 7 10:13:46 PST 2003

I have freeside setup and it works great.  Have a few
customers that seem to always pay late, so I added
some new invoice events.  One to send out a reminder
after 8 days, another to charge a late fee.  I have a
test account that I let charges accrue on, which shows
as being a few months overdue (so both invoice events
should work on it).  Well it sends out a reminder, but
doesn't add a late charge.

I added the late fee as 5%, I'm guessing it's looking
for a regular integer such as 5.  I really need it to
charge based on a percentage, as I have packages
ranging from $10/mo to $275/mo (I use it to bill my
webhosting customers as well).  Obviously $5 on a $10
account is too much, and $5 on a $275 account isn't
enough.

Will Freeside handle this natively?  If so then what
format should I enter it in?  If not, can someone
direct me to the code I'd need to alter?  Thanks!