Prepaid Dialup Hours Configuration Confirmation

Hugh Blandford hugh at island.net.au
Sun Mar 16 15:50:55 PST 2003

Hi all,

I am exploring the Freeside setup for prepaid dialup hours.

I will be using Freeradius with a Pg backend so I have setup an SQL export.
I have setup a service called dialup_hour on the svc_acct table with a fixed
shell and changed nothing else from the defaults.
I have then setup a package called 365hours which is for a prebought block
of 365 hours.  The intention with the prepaid hours is that you can have as
long as you like to use the hours but when you run out of time the account
is locked out and you have to purchase more hours before it gets unlocked.

I selected the "Base charge plus charge per-minute from the session monitor"
price plan with a setup fee equivalent to the prepaid amout, 0 monthly
charge, 21900 minutes included and 0 charge for additional minutes.

Does this do what I mentioned above?  Is there a better way of doing it?
What happens to the account when the included minutes have run out, is the
account locked out so that they cannot login?  If not, is there a way that I
can do this?

Thanks,

Hugh