1.4.1beta7 Invoice Templates

Stephen Bechard steve at destek.net
Fri Mar 14 19:59:01 PST 2003

I am looking for some more information on creating/modifying
invoice templates.  I am looking to add more customer information
on them, such as the customer number, and adding net 30 days to the
output for invoice due date. I think I got the net 30 piece down.

I found a couple posts in the lists referring to customer number hack
for 1.4.0pre11, however, doesn't seem to work in 1.4.1beta7
Just looking for the best way to achieve this.

Here is a snip of what I found:
--------------
If I interpret the doc correctly, I can gain access to the FS::cust_bill
object for the invoice being printed (eg, to print the customer ID) using
FS::Record->qsearchs('cust_bill', {'invnum' => $invnum}).
--------------

I also want to create a custom invoice_template that I can attach to
the Invoice Event Listings that will remind the customers after the
invoice is overdue by 20 days.  I do not want to create a new invoice
just attach a message heading reminding them and include the balance
due or the original outstanding invoice...

Also looking for a way to incorporate a custom subject for each type
of invoice. I know this is hard-coded in cust_bill.pm, but wasn't sure
about the best way to make it a variable.

If you can point me in the correct direction I don't mind providing
diffs with the new features if required.

Thanks in Advance,
Steve