[freeside] Freeside on apache 2 anyone?

Rick Parola rick at rpwebworks.com
Sun Mar 2 14:18:36 PST 2003

On Saturday 01 March 2003 06:44 pm, Rick Parola wrote:

Ok, A little more in detail:

I worked out some of the problems I had. I have apache up and running with
mod_perl as a DSO pgsql is installed and I can connect to it as the freeside
user on the shell, created the database manually.

Apache won't accept a <perl> section in the config, (something about not being
yet implemented) so I'm leaving that part out, is that going to be a problem?

Now I'm stuck at bin/fs-setup user.

It returns "DBI connect('host=localhost;dbname=freeside','freeside',...)
failed: could not connect to server: Connection refused at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/FS/UID.pm line 88"

I've seen a couple of people posted with this error, but never really a
solution. I'm new to perl and postgresql and can't figure this out. I did
research the subject and read the docs for DBI::Pg.

My secret file contains:

DBI:Pg:host=localhost;dbname=freeside
freeside
password

Pgsql is a clean rpm install I start it (with init.d file as root) and I can
connect to it as freeside with the same password from the shell  with psql
and \l displays the database freeside.

The pg_hba.conf contains:

local all all password
host all all 127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255 password

I'm stomped, Any help would be much appreciated.