[freeside] initial config saves some of the values?

Randall Lucas rlucas at tercent.net
Mon Jun 23 15:23:34 PDT 2003

On Sunday, June 22, 2003, at 09:51 AM, ivan at 420.am wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 11:53:22AM -0400, Tony Carter wrote:

I've had this problem as well on a Red Hat 8 box with a FS 1.40
install.  For example, just today I was playing around on a testing
box, trying to get emailing of invoices to work, when I noticed that
"smtpmachine" wasn't set.  So, I used the Web interface to alter the
value, and when I saved it, it didn't save the smtpmachine value but it
did wipe out my "business-onlinepayment" setting and gave this message
to the Apache error log:

[FS::Conf] DELETE business-onlinepayment
[FS::Conf] SET report_template

I then tried to set business-onlinepayment from the Web interface;
wouldn't take.  So I created a file, saved it, and the Web interface
showed the new value.  However, using the Edit functionality in an
attempt to add the smtpmachine caused it to fail again, this time
making the following error log notation:

[FS::Conf] DELETE smtpmachine
[FS::Conf] DELETE business-onlinepayment

Tres odd. I then noticed that the only items getting saved (only files
which survive in the conf dir) are:

home
invoice_from
invoice_template
lpr
report_template

If you'll notice, those are the first five on the form.  I put a
CGI::Dump call into the config-process.cgi, and sure enough, CGI is
only finding out about the input up to report_template.  Fishy, because
this is a POST request and the max size should be WAY bigger than this.

But, woe of woes, when I tried to get this behavior to repeat a third
time, it started working fine, and passing all the vars along.  It
seems fairly consistent that 1/5 or so times, I can pass all the CGI
params in OK but the rest of the time anything after report_template
does NOT get passed through to the CGI object and consequently is
deleted.

*The major note to this is I am using mod_perl 1.99 / Apache 2 on this
testing box.

Of the others who've had conf script troubles, what is your os/fs
version/apache version/mod_perl version?  Can you check to see what's
coming through on the request?

Best,

Randall