[freeside] initial config saves some of the values?

Andrew Furey andrew at terminus.net.au
Tue Jun 17 22:34:45 PDT 2003

> When I try to perform initial configuration of our installation, some of the
> values are saved and some are not. Subsequent attempts clears some of the
> previously saved data.
>
> Has anyone seen this before?

You mean the values like invoice templates, shells, SMTP machine, etc? I
think I had the same problem with my installation (similar versions).

The values are set in the text files in the install location (in my case
/usr/local/etc/freeside), in the conf.[blah] directory. I think in the
end I just set them one value at a time (they usually seemed to save the
very first time), then changed the permissions on the resulting file so
it couldn't edit it again. Definitely not the way it should work, but it
did the job.

HTH
Andrew

--