error adding service definition

Tony Carter tony at iat.net
Thu Jul 24 13:16:20 PDT 2003

Ivan, After researching an "adding service definition" error , I came across
your reply to someone else having the same problem  (
http://www.sisd.com/freeside/list-archive/msg03265.html ). I think I may
have found a bug.

The offending SQL statement is SELECT * FROM part_svc_column WHERE ( svcpart
IS NULL OR svcpart = '' )...

The field type of part_svc_column.svcpart is an integer but part of the sql
statement  performs a comparison valid only for a *string* field type. The
problem part of the statement is "OR svcpart = ''".

I can't move back to any db prior to 7.3.3 because of the boat load of
security issues. Would you recommend a fix for this.

Thanks,
Tony

My info

"View/Edit service definitions" and click "Add a new service definition", I
get the following error.

Error executing "SELECT * FROM part_svc_column WHERE ( svcpart IS NULL OR
svcpart = '' )
AND columnname = ?": ERROR: pg_atoi: zero-length string at
/var/www/html/edit/part_svc.cgi line 173 ,
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Apache/ASP.pm line 1488

environment: freeside-1.4.0, Linux RH 7.3., psql 7.3.3