[freeside] PAP questions...

Alan Murrell swasak at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 23 12:25:30 PDT 2003

Hi Rob,

> I was wondering I seem to have a problem with PAP(electronic check) as in
Canada we only use 3 digit routing codes
> not 4. Is there a way around this?

We don't use Freeside (yet, but I'm trying!); we currently use Platypus.
What we do is pad the routing code (or financial institution number) with an
extra "0", and it goes through for us.

> here is an example check number
>
> 156 0678 003 503 860 0
>
> 3rd set of numbers are institution number/routing number within
Canada(Royal Bank in this case)

So in your example, since the '003' is the routing/financial Institution
number, it would become '0003' (at least the way we do it).

> Also how would on run a PAP batch to do all the PAP processing?

Hrm, that is a good question.  I haven;t actually reallt looked a Fresside
for a while, so I wasn't sure if this was a feature.  If not, then as Ivan
suggests, it would prolly be necessary to build your own... sort of "scratch
your own itch", and contribute it to the project :-)

I hope this helps!

Alan Murrell swasak at hotmail.com