bind.export hanging

Rick Harby rharby at caarnet.com
Fri Jul 11 11:36:14 PDT 2003

I just installed Freeside-1.4.1rc4, got it installed no problem and
everything seems to be working. I'm trying to export my domain details
to the localhost, and I've setup the SSH keys, and everything. The zones
and named.conf are appearing the remote end when I run bind.export as
well as the bind server reloading the files. But bind.export never seems
to exit, it just sits there and hangs.

The system is a RedHat 9 box, with Apache 1.3.27 on it.

At first I thought it was going to continually update the files, but
upon reading the code I can't see that it does that. I ran an strace to
see if something there would help me and I got this:

close(0)                                = 0
close(8)                                = 0
close(10)                               = 0
read(9, "OpenSSH_3.5p1, SSH protocols 1.5"..., 4096) = 57
close(9)                                = 0
close(6)                                = 0
close(7)                                = 0
pipe([0, 6])                            = 0
clone(child_stack=0, flags=CLONE_CHILD_CLEARTID|CLONE_CHILD_SETTID|0x11,
<ignored>, <ignored>, 0x401bc4e8) = 22370
close(6)                                = 0
rt_sigaction(SIGINT, {SIG_IGN}, {SIG_DFL}, 8) = 0
rt_sigaction(SIGQUIT, {SIG_IGN}, {SIG_DFL}, 8) = 0
wait4(22370,

Well, I got a lot more then that, but that was the last page and it just
hung there on the wait4 system call. Any help would be greatly
appreciated. Oh, I'm running OpenSSH 3.5p1 as well.

Rick