[freeside] Domain name text box not long enough??

Randall Lucas rlucas at tercent.net
Thu Jul 10 10:47:54 PDT 2003

Hi Rob,

1. check the underlying database column.  Will it support a larger size?
2. check the validity checks in the app layer.  Do they need to be
changed?
3. grep for other places in the code that use that value.  Do they make
unsafe assumptions about size?
4. check the interface level.  Do you need to change HTML maxlength
parameters or such?

When you have those checks done and patches, if necessary for each, you
should make a note on the mailing list and set it up in the RT system.
You will have functionality for your own personal copy and your changes
may be added to the next release.

That, at least, is what I suggest.

Best,

Randall