fs-setup - (*Sigh*) - Fixed but now another issue

Lal, Deepak (Contractor) dlal at harris.com
Thu Jul 10 06:18:11 PDT 2003

Quick update:

The previous problem fixed as follows:

Seemingly the client was trying to connect to the server as 127.0.0.1, which is
the locahost. But somehow the "local" entry in pg_hba.conf was not sufficent. I
had to add "host all 127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255 trust" entry to

ph_hba.conf.

in addition, I had to start the postmaster with the "-i" option.

It worked and created all tables for user "freeside"

But I had also a user "dlal" created. Now when I do

bin/fs-setup dlal, I get the following error:

NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence 'h_cust_bill_historynum_seq'
for SERIAL column 'h_cust_bill.historynum'

'h_cust_bill_pkey' for table 'h_cust_bill' DBD::Pg::db do failed: ERROR:
Relation 'h_cust_bill_historynum_seq' already exists at bin/fs-setup line 234.
CREATE error: ERROR:  Relation 'h_cust_bill_historynum_seq' already exists doing
statement: CREATE TABLE h_cust_bill (

  historynum serial NOT NULL  ,

  history_date int   ,

  history_user varchar(80) NOT NULL  ,