fs-setup (*sigh*)

Lal, Deepak (Contractor) dlal at harris.com
Wed Jul 9 13:40:56 PDT 2003

Hi,

My environment:

RH 8.0 Linux kernel 2.4.18
perl 5.8.0
Freeside 1.4.0
Apache::ASP being used
Apache version 2.0.40
Postgresql 7.2.2

I have installed all perl modules. I am running postgresql. I followed
the exact directions as in the INSTALL doc.

When I run bin/fs-setup <usrname> to create database tables, I get the
following error:

DBI connect('host=localhost;dbname=freeside','freeside',...) failed: could not
connect to server: Connection refused at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/FS/UID.pm line 88
DBI->connect error: could not connect to server: Connection refused

1) The owner/group for /usr/local/etc/freeside is freeside/freeside
2) I have the pg_hba.conf configured as:

local all trust

3) I have the /usr/local/etc/freeside/htpasswd, mapsecrets and secrets file

4) I can connect to the DB using psql

What is happening ?

Thanks

Deepak